Thursday, October 14, 2010

Floors Looking Bare?....Cover them Up

Tile....No Longer just for the Kichen and Bathroom



Area rugs can often be very expensive.  The best solution to adding that finishing touch to a room while adding your own favor is by using carpet tiles.  They come in different colors and styles and you can mix and match them the way you want.  The very best thing about car tiles is if you damage one piece or get a stain on one of the tiles, all you have to do is simply pull that tile up and replace or repair that tile.  With carpet it wouldn't be so easy to do that.


Shag Is Back



I just love shag rugs and this leather shag area rug is at the top of my list.  Now this is something that I have made myself and it is very easy to do.  You don't have to just use leather in making this rug.  You can use what ever material you want.  I took a fishing net (use the size you want, small or large) and lay it flat on the floor.  Now leather could be very expensive but I went to the second had store and bought all types of leather coats in all different colors.  I cut the leather into rectangular pieces.  After you have cut all your pieces I simply tied the leather pieces to the fish net until I had a nice shag rug like in the picture above. 

No comments:

Post a Comment